Filing and backing up a Veterans Affairs claim can be tough. And, with a VA backlog of nearly 900,000 claims, the wait for benefits and compensation can be even tougher..
Your Department of New Mexico VFW Service Office staff will be honored to assist you with the preparation of your claim for VA benefits. Please contact: Service Officer, Ret.GySgt Cynthia Archuleta, USMC (505) 346-4881 email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Claims Consultant, Kaitlin Jaramillo email: email@example.com
A VFW Service Officer will:
- Offer research and advice to veterans who wish to handle their own claims.
- Assist veterans who are filing original claims for compensation and/or pension with the Department of Veterans Affairs and complete the required VA forms on behalf of the claimant.
- Assist veterans in reopening claims for service-connected disabilities and complete the required VA forms.
- Follow up on status of claims filed by veterans with the VA Regional Office.
- File Notice of Disagreement with the VA Regional Office if a veteran believes the decision made by the VA was incorrect.
- Review statements of the case from the VA regarding denials of claim and assist veterans with the preparation of responses.
- Assist veterans or surviving spouses in the preparation of appeals for denial of claims and file the appeals with the local VA Regional Office for forwarding to the Board of Veterans Appeals in Washington, D.C.
- Complete VA Forms other than for original claims.
- Answer/research telephone inquiries regarding medical, death/burial and other miscellaneous benefits.
The VFW Department Service Office is available for ALL veterans needing claims assistance. Whether filing an initial VA claim, requesting an increase in benefits or would like to file a notice of disagreement – we are here to assist you.
Department of New Mexico VFW Service Office is located at: 500 Gold Ave. SW, Suite 3104, Albuquerque, NM 87103